Ricordea Florida moving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

feeshna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello aquarium advice. I just looked at my tank and noticed that one of my ricordea floridas is completely gone? It was on a frag mount, however it looked like it was starting to move about an hour ago. I checked all of the pump intakes to make sure it didn't get sucked up, but I can't find it. Could it be in the rock, out of sight? Nothing in my tank would've eaten it. Please let me know if this is normal.

Feeshna

mushroom corals when upset can dismount and fly with the flow to find a spot they like more, this is due to either to much or to little flow, to much or to little light, etc. Probably somewhere in the tank hanging out where the flow sent him.

Mushrooms move to spread also. They walk around and drop little bits of themselves that will grow into new mushrooms. However, I think ricordeas split.

Yeah thanks for the input hopefully that's what is happening, because another one of them is gone today. They were getting high light so that could be it, the one nj moderate hasn't shown signs of moving.

Feeshna

Mushrooms move to spread also. They walk around and drop little bits of themselves that will grow into new mushrooms. However, I think ricordeas split.

Ricordias do sit. Got this one earlier this year and it had two mouths. The last month you could see it splitting and this is it now. It has never moved on me. The Superman mushroom to the right started off as one , turned to two, then this one showed up on the other side of the tank and another is below out of this picture. The original has not moved, or it did and came back exactly to where it started.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mushrooms will move, but very slowly. I've noticed a few of mine do it occasionally, in particular the ricordea. Probably has something to do with their shrinking and expanding.

Back
Top Bottom