Ricordia and other shrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goisles1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey All,

I recently picked up some real nice Frags (some mushrooms and more zoos).

One of the items I got was a Ricordia Frag. In my Tank I have one large Rock that I envision being my Mushroon rock. There are 3 different mushroom frags on this rock (Blue/Green, Red and Purple). They are not touching each other but I could see as they multiply how they will end up on top of each other. There are already a few baby mushrooms on the B/G one.

Is it OK to mix Colors together when it comes to shrooms?

Also, I was thinking of including the Ricordia on this Rock as it is also a type of mushroom. Same question applies

They are not touching each other but I could see as they multiply how they will end up on top of each other.

Are you talking about them on top of each other like this. LOL

100_1572.JPG

that's what I'm hoping for.. Actually, your photo is my inspiration (have seen it numerous times on here).

Just want to make sure I can mix different color shrooms together and wondering if the Ricordia needs to be alone on it's own rock.

Right now, they are all together.. I'll snap a photo shortly and post what I mean.

EDIT - OK..Here is a Photo:
july_shrooms_09.jpg

And a Full Tank shot:

july_tank_09.jpg

My only problem with that is that`s how my mushrooms started with one mushroom. I`m afraid the purple mushrooms will overtake the ricodia. JMO

I would seperate my shrooms and ricordia's, I have an orange florida ric and various shrooms and the ric was palce too close to the shrooms, the shrooms will actually stand up or stretch out to get the light so they will overgrow your ric, specially if there are more shrooms, now a rock half and half would be cool but start your ric on one end and the shrooms on the other so they grow together...I read the ric like brighter light than shrooms also, mine is semi high in my tnak and has split 3 times in 2 and a half months..it was low in the tank and it was spread out really wide, almost as if stretched apart...

Back
Top Bottom