right way to change PC lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SALTY72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looking for some tips on putting in new pc. 260w pc (2)65w actinic, (2)65w 10k. Help this will be my first time replacing lamps :!: :?:

They're generally just snapped into the end cap, so a quick tug will pull them out of the socket.

Gee thanks indy! I mean so as not to burn coral and affect tank in a negative manner. The bulbs are almost 11 months old

Replace 1 bulb every other day until all bulbs are replaced. Be aware these bulbs get quite hot so replace them when they are off or power the lights off for 15-20min to allow them to cool. Make sure you get the correct pin out config. The 65W bulbs should have 4 pins in a row like .... where as othes have pins in a square pattern ::

Hey thanks a lot fishfreek thats what i was hoping to hear. Someone else had told me this but i wanted to see if i heard it again. :D Thanks for the great advice marcus, don't want them to break.

I wasnt trying to establish a firm rule as to what bulbs had what pinout. Some 96W bulbs are square pinout like mine where as others are not. Same holds with the 55/65W pins. Some bulbs are one way and others are the other. Be sure to know what type your endcap takes.

Back
Top Bottom