RO/DI auto shut off question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morangus

Aquarium Advice Regular
M picking up the BRS 5 stage 150gpd RO/di unit. I'm curious to know if I need the complete auto shut off kit or just the float valve to to get the system to stop producing water when the container reaches full? Thanks!

Never mind... I see the plus comes with a shut off... Just need the float.

youll still need the float. BRS has 2 floats available, a fixed position float(great reliability, limits mounting options) and an adjustable float valve (better mounting options but slightly less reliable due to adjustment screw loosening). I went with the adjustable and its working great. one thing worth noting is that when the float switch is triggered, it will instantly stop the RODI line, but it takes awhile for enough pressure to build up to shut down the waste line. so don't get worried when the waste line doesn't shut down immediately

Thanks for the tip. I went with the adjustable float. This could be plumbed in directly to a sump for an auto top off or would that be a bad idea?

bad idea. if the float switch fails or for whatever reason the rodi unit doesn't function as planned, it could overflow your tank. now if you are plumbing it directly into a ATO reservoir that's ok (as long as the ATO has dual float switches)

Yeah... bad idea to float your RODI unit straight to your tank. Not only could you overflow in the case of a failure, but even if you caught it before it overflowed, it could dilute your salinity to the point of killing everything in your system.

Back
Top Bottom