RO/DI help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_fishman616

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up a Ro di unit and and just turned on the water and only one chamber filled with water and there is 3 chambers total. Did I plum up one of the house the wrong way totally lost at the moment

Attachments

• image-1315870530.jpg
    image-1315870530.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3462880797.jpg
    image-3462880797.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1338814389.jpg
    image-1338814389.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image-446659962.jpg
    image-446659962.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 57
Hard for me to see on my phone but looks like your pressure gauge has hardly of any pressure showing. Is the system turned off. Also, did you make sure your check valve is going the right way(arrow pointing toward direction of glow?looks like it might be backwards.

Last edited:
Looks totally wrong. Should feed from right to left... Far right sediment filter (first), then middle carbon block (second), then ro membrane (top), then ro water to di left (third), waste to drain... then from the di left to the holding reservoir.

I also prefer to run water through each chamber separately for about 15 minutes before setting up, to make sure no preservatives or manufacturing residue from entering the next chamber.

Also - the lines are generally color coded for easy recognition... Blue for filtered water, red for incoming, and white or black for waste.

Last edited:
Looks like you're plumbed the wrong direction..... the white filter on the far right is the sediment filter, which is where the water is supposed to come in. The canister on the far left is the DI resin, which should be going to the tub.

yes hooked up backwards

PS congrats on getting it, most important piece of equipment you can get for you reef

:), dont feel bad, we all started out with new equipment that we knew nothing about, learning curve.

Yea this really was a new thing for me thanks for your guys help Life Saver haha

I feel that I moved to another level in this saltwater hobby now that I be able to make my own water and not just because I bought the equipment but that I'm learning more and more as I go and I see the results in the tank but also from you guys on this app. It's great to get on here when you have a problem and ppl give you their thoughts on what it is and how it should be fixed or adjusted

Don't feel bad, first time I set up a RO unit, I mixed the DI & Sediment cartridges and burned through a DI in about 2 weeks!

Don't feel bad, first time I set up a RO unit, I mixed the DI & Sediment cartridges and burned through a DI in about 2 weeks!

Doesnt matter which side or placement as long as the water is entering each chamber in the corrct order

Last night when I looked at your pics I thought it was going in reverse order but I looked up the pic on Buckeye Field Supply and its the same. Don't feel bad about hooking it up backwards especially when the place selling it shows it like that lol.

I plan on doing this exact thing in our house for RO water. My local fish store showed me how to do it, but a tutorial would be great here or a video. I am going to buy the system, a garbage can, and hook it up. I hope anybody can add to this for help. Having our own well it will save quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom