ro/di last question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tpaparazzo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys ok.I finally broke down and bought the ro/di 6 stage by filterdirect on ebay...Now this is what I want to do..I bought the laundry hookup so i can connect it downstairs..I want to output it to say a 30gallon bucket...Forgive me but I know you can hook up a floatvlave for automatic shutoff..how do you do this...

What I want to happen is that it fills the 30gallon bucket up..i use it for daily top offs about 1 gallon a day and then at the end of each week I do a 10 gallon water change...but i want the bucket to stay constantly filled with water without overflowing...is this how everyone else has theres??

Any links??

THanks

tony

That is exactly how I do it. See my gallery for a schematic of my hook up. But yes basically I use a food grade 32G drum that I drilled out to install a bulkhead and the float valve from the RO/DI input. It fills the drum automatically and then shuts off. Before I put it in use, I filled it in measured amounts so that I could calibrate it at 10G measures. Calibrating this allows me to know how much salt to add to the drum as I use this to pre-mix my saltwater. You are on the right track with this. Let me know if you need more information. HTH 8)

Back
Top Bottom