RO/DI Opinion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicksgirl

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm trying to choose an RO/DI system and I don't know the first thing about them. My tanks evaborate about 1 or 2 gallons a day.

Any advice on what I might need or which brands are most reliable for the output I need?

Scott. How ya like it? $99, plus $37 shipping.

Does it have auto shutoff capabilities? Wanna recommend it to my buddy maybe.

Any other folks out there wanna recommend another? Minimum, 50 plus gallons a day. 100gpd sounds real good so far. Mine is a 50 gpd, and you can forget that sucker is on trying to reach the goal.

I could recommend some but they are not as good a deal as the one Scott has there. I got mine from the good doctors. but for alot more.

I have the same as Roka, but from filterdirect. Works great.

austinsdad, for auto shut off you need a hydraulic float valve of sorts. Most sellers on ebay with ro/di offer this as an add on.

Mine came with replacement filters, as well. I like it, I kinda thought it would make the water taste different, but it doesn't. It doesn't have any top off capability, that I know of, mine is attached under my kitchen sink.

MT79 said:
Roka, your drinking just RO right? Not RO/DI?
I drink the water out of the nozzil, not the tap...am I drinking the wrong stuff? I use the tap to fill up my water. Is just RO bad, cause when I'm in a hurry I drink out of the tap?

O, I misread auto top off for auto shut off...LOL!

+++EDIT+++
I MUST be drinking the wrong water!

What are you talking about drinking the wrong water? Are you not allowed to drink RO/DI water? What is wrong with that? I must be missing something too!

There is nothing wrong with drinking just RO water yu just don't want to drink the water after running it through the DI unit there is nothing left as far as minerals, and then your body will start taking minerals out of your system to compisate for the lost minerals from the DI portion of the water. Hope that make sense.

I guess it does...My water that comes out of our well tastes good enough to well...drink...lol so we don't worry with filtering it much anymore. We did when I first got the RO/DI but mine has a outlet before the DI filter for drinking water so I guess I was doing it right after all.

Thanks all. Knew I could count on yous guys for some good discussion!

I've linked my buddy to this post. Maybe he'll be joining AA soon :wink: :roll: .

Cool, thanks for looking out! Which one you going to get Ray?

Back
Top Bottom