RO+DI REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER FILTER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokiums

Aquarium Advice Regular
Has anyone ever used one of these for there reef tank? I'm looking at purchasing one on Ebay from filterdirect. The price is excellent and I need something to get my tank started.

Here's the model number:
Model: RO585+DI 6-stage 85 gal/day Reverse Osmosis Water System+DI filter

Let me know what you think.

tons of ppl use them for reef tanks. Good stuff. I need to get one someday.

I use that Exact same one and I love it.. Awesome water not only for the tank but for drinking.. The kit is brand new and does include everything..

Hth,
James

Really? I'm glad to hear positive replies. Especially, from someone that owns the same one I'm thinking of purchasing.

Was your experience with them as positive as the product? How easy was it setup, etc????

The company is Awesome as well.. I have had no problems and they shipped mine out the same day that I purchased it.. both the company and product were awesome in my experience..

HTH<
James

Excellent. Thanks. You made my mind up.

One last questions(hopefully), how did you set everything up for drinking and for your tank? I know it has options for both, but how did you actually set everything up?

I appreciate your help.

I mounted the unit under the sink following the directions and mounted the included faucet as well.. It also came with a tee that hooks up past the DI part and has a hose past it.. When you turn on the DI part it comes out of the hose.. I just fill 5gal buckets at a time and xfer it into my larger 30gal can that resides on my patio.. The whole instal took about 1.5hours but i had to run and get something else because I live in an Apartment and had to make sure everything could go back to normal when I move..

HTH<
James

Funny.

I've place the order, it should arrive on Friday. Just in time for me to set up my new 72 gallon bow.

I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks, again.

one other suggestion.
I just recently set up my RO+DI unit (Also purchased on ebay but from aquasafecanada) and what I did was take 2 check valves (little on off valve) and about 30 foot of refrigerator water line (Can be bought at any hardware store for about .09 a foot) I put about a 12 inch piece of line on the T-Splitter, attached a check valve, and on the other end of the 20+ foot hose I put another check valve, so when I want to top off the tank all I do is pull the long hose from under the sink and run it across the room to the tank. Works great and no filling and lifting of heavy buckets of water.
Zero

Back
Top Bottom