RO/DI unit???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

weekf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am considering getting one of this now since I have built up a new 132g tank. Previously I only bought DI water for my 20g. I have been keeping this 20g tank without any algae problem at all. I wish I continuing buying and using it but it will cost too much for my 132g in the long run.

I have a question: Must it have both RO and DI unit? Or just RO or just DI unit? I seemed to have problem finding only DI unit but there are abundant of RO unit. Is there any system that have both RO and DI in them?

Thanks.

There are an abundance of RO/DI units available. Most will probobly tell you to go no less than 4 filters. 5 and 6 stage are the way to go.

I've been looking into them myself and will get one when I get some more money...Depending what is in your water, they can have a huge impact on the success of your aquarium. As I am finding out myself.

Here is one on ebay, a pretty good one from the looks of it. Just do a search for "RO/DI"

http://cgi.ebay.com/WaterGeneral-RO...8QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20756QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have that exact unit under my sink right now.

The discharge water tests at 0 TDS (65/70 going in).Good solid product at a good price imo.

I have that same unit too.

I've probably processed about 600 g of water, and I've had to order replacement DI resin, but its cheap... $18 for enough for 3 refills.

That's a good seller, too, very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom