RO/DO help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fernzpat

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought an Aqua FX Barracuda RO/DI (from Captive Reefs of course!) and promptly had the directions thrown out by my wife!

I found the on-line directions, but there is no FAQ page.

I had it set up perfectly with a TDS of 3-4 PPM for the first 150 gal or so, and now all the water is at 120 ppm all of a sudden.

Water going in at about 140 ppm.

Any ideas?

a little more info... Water going out the waste line is at 180 ppm but not pumping as fast as the filtered line. I thought the waste line should flow at about 3 X 4 times the rate of the filtered line?

Also tasted some of the "filtered" water... horrible chemical taste.

Thanks!

Are u sure that u didnt mix up the waste line with the good line, because it sounds like that. I would test the water coming out of what u think is the waste line to see if they arent mixed up.

HTH

Don't think that is it (I could be wrong of course... That's why I am asking). If I had simply messed up the lines I should have never gotten my earlier readings ( about 50 gallons ago) of 3-5 ppm out of the filtered line. Plus my waste line is still reading a higher ppm than the filtered line...

Thanks for the idea though... any other thoughts guys and gals?

do you have a flush valve on it? is it in the flush mode?
any way to post a close up pic of the set up? there is something wrong if you go from 3-4 then to 120 in a short period of time. Are you sure the tds meter is right?
get some didtilled water and check it in that. just tossing out some ideas...

Not sure what a flush mode is, but I can post some pics tomorrow. Good idea on the TDS, but my tank is telling me something is wrong as well... I will still get some distilled and test tomorrow..

thanks for the ideas...

Well I tested some RO/DI from the supermarket and it was reading 000 - 0001 on the TDS, so I know the TDS is working... Anyone know if the Barracuda has a flush valve?

Back
Top Bottom