RO filter basics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackdp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We're going to be moving in about a month into a new house that has well water. Besides the fact that the well has already tested high for nitrates, I'm thinking I'll want a RO filter at least for the kitchen sink. I'm just not real keen on how they get plumbed into the sink. I've heard they generate waste water etc. Is there somewhere that has a basic drawing and description of how they get hooked in and operate. TIA

There actually quite easy to hook up. I have mine under the bathroom sink so it can easily drain into the tub. Others place them in the laundry room for the same reason. If in the kitchen, you would need to drill a hole in the drain pipe. Easily done but keep in mind permanent. With well water I would also suggest a DI cartridge. You can easily plumb the unit so the RO is for drinking and the RO/DI for tank use.

I could only find a basic <<link>> (.pdf) on the workings but if you shoot me an email (don't post it here), I can forward you the info from the company I purchased from. It gives a little better detail on the hook up "intricacies".

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom