RO Purifier question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shamrock13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased a Coral Life RO unit. After two weeks I noticed by PH was starting to drop. So I performed another water change. After testing the water I noticed a lower PH. After hours of questioning my life I tested the RO water before adding salt an noticed it was at about 6.1. I called my lfs that I purchased it from and they told me it was quite normal for that to happen(you think he would have told me prior to buying it, I blame myself too for lack of research) I used "kent" buffer in my aquarium tank and it brought it back to normal. My question is do I have to do this every time now or is there an easier way. The guy at lfs told me to add buffer to the RO water as I'm adding salt to it. What do you guys/gals do??

Have you tested your alk if thats low it will let your ph drop and not stay stable. As far as your ro water I dont think it should be that low someone correct me if im wrong but I dont think its is

Alk seems fine I just don't understand when Ph drops after water runs through RO filter. I've googled it and noticed a lot of other people have this problem. So at least I know I'm not the only one

Regardless of the outcome, you'll be replacing that unit the first time you need a new RO membrane. It actually costs more for the replacements than a new system.

Back
Top Bottom