RO unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrelkins1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
First I want to thank you guys that have sent me welcome to AA. And the ones that have given advice to me the short time I have been here. My reef is doing well. Added red mushroom coral to it Saturday. Has a cpr refurium/protein skimmer. Using "purpleup" on advice by LFS. I think I need a reverse osmosis filter. Interested in a portable unit to make 6-8 gallons of water at a time. Price is a concern but not the deciding factor. Any suggestions?

You can find RO/DI systems (get the RODI, not just the RO) on ebay for pretty good prices. airwaterice.com has some nice units as well.

get your water at walmart out of the cullagin water machine its cheep and its ro water just remember to use a ph buffer since it is 7 not 8 i pay 7 dollars for 20 gal

First I want to thank you guys that have sent me welcome to AA. And the ones that have given advice to me the short time I have been here. My reef is doing well. Added red mushroom coral to it Saturday. Has a cpr refurium/protein skimmer. Using "purpleup" on advice by LFS. I think I need a reverse osmosis filter. Interested in a portable unit to make 6-8 gallons of water at a time. Price is a concern but not the deciding factor. Any suggestions?

I would stop dosing purpleup unless you really have a need for excess calcium. If you want to increase your coraline growth, take/buy a piece with lots on it and scrape it near the return to your tank, or in front of a strong power head. This will seed it really well. From there do weekly 5-10% PWC and it will grow like crazy.

Neilan gave some good advice, You want RO/DI for sure, bulkreefsupply also has good prices on their units, and you can customize them.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom