RO Unit filter changes.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishmanJosh

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have this RO unit I bought online (I use it for saltwater) and I have had it for 18 months. I realise that I (aparently) should change some of the filters every 6 months? I have not changed any so far.

I have worked out, however, that it would actually cost MORE to buyt all the filters which supposedly need replacing, than to buy a new unit altogether!

Here is the link to the website I bought it off, and where the sell the filters: Spare Parts & Accessories - Swallow Aquatics

The unit I have is an 'Aquaworld Compact RO Unit', and the top 5 products on the page I have linked are the supposed replacement filters, and a membrane.

I am mainly looking for someone with experience, who can tell me how often they change it or which ones NEED changing.

Thanks. :)

FishmanJosh said:
So I have this RO unit I bought online (I use it for saltwater) and I have had it for 18 months. I realise that I (aparently) should change some of the filters every 6 months? I have not changed any so far.

I have worked out, however, that it would actually cost MORE to buyt all the filters which supposedly need replacing, than to buy a new unit altogether!

Here is the link to the website I bought it off, and where the sell the filters: Spare Parts & Accessories - Swallow Aquatics

The unit I have is an 'Aquaworld Compact RO Unit', and the top 5 products on the page I have linked are the supposed replacement filters, and a membrane.

I am mainly looking for someone with experience, who can tell me how often they change it or which ones NEED changing.

Thanks. :)

That's what I was thinking as I'm looking for an RO system (filter costs).

But like electronics, does the technology advance/price drop to where you can get something even better a year or so down the road? Also, I thought the filter replacment was based on how much water you run thru it, rather than a time limit?

Here's the one I'm looking at: http://filterdirect.com/index.php?cPath=21

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Back
Top Bottom