RO vs distilled water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan5

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there a benefit to using one over the other for mixing salt water for a tank? I always hear and see everyone uses RO water but does it matter if it would be distilled?

It is actually best to have both. That is why some people use "RO/DI" units. If you use that unit, you will have the best kind of water for your aquarium. :)

(If I am right in thinking that DI means distilled, LOL)

It is actually best to have both. That is why some people use "RO/DI" units. If you use that unit, you will have the best kind of water for your aquarium. :)

(If I am right in thinking that DI means distilled, LOL)

I was thinking that it didnt really matter but I didnt know if I was there was one that might be slightly better or if their was an advantage to one over the other

The reason people use RO/DI water is so they know that there is nothing left in the water that they do not want. Im not positive about distilled water versus the other types of water you can buy at the store, but there is one that is a good substitute for RO/DI. however you will end up spending more money in the long run buying from the store or a lfs.

give this a read if youd like

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...w-much-to-produce-my-own-ro-water-137331.html

The reason people use RO/DI water is so they know that there is nothing left in the water that they do not want. Im not positive about distilled water versus the other types of water you can buy at the store, but there is one that is a good substitute for RO/DI. however you will end up spending more money in the long run buying from the store or a lfs.

give this a read if youd like

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...w-much-to-produce-my-own-ro-water-137331.html

From what I read and understood there was nothing but pure h2o in distilled and still a little bit of chemicals or something left in RO water but I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom