Rock from LFS vs Online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Where is it better to get rock

It depends on the quality and price of the LR from the LFS. For me, it was a no brainier to order online since it is $5.99 per lb at the LFS. Also, the quality of rock from my LFS is garbage. No coralline algae on their rock at all. The online stuff that I got had great growth on it.

also which rock is best for buffering pH?

It doesn't matter what you get as they won't have too much of an effect on ph. Aragonite and crushed coral substrate may help a little, but in the end, it will depend on the salt mix you use, bio-load, Co2 levels, etc...

If I were you, knowing your in G'ville...I would order online. I have seen nothing in the LFS worth what they ask for it. I actually saw some aquacultured LR in aquatecture that they were asking 10.99 per lb for. Sheesh, I remember when you could get high quality FL LR (non-aquaculture) for 2.99 per LB. I miss those days.

ONLINE 100% its 75% cheaper then it would be by me and so much nicer and better quality they wat 9-15 bucks per lb in my LFS online i got it for like 3 something shipped to my door... with a bunch of hitchikers pretty cool

just my 5 cents

I heard it's better to order LR in the summer months. Is this true? Will you still get a good selection around this time, or is it the same year round? Thinking of ordering online soon.

Back
Top Bottom