Rock movement?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blacksteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a niger triggerfish, an unidentified wrasse, a blue damsel, and a decorator crab in my 29 gallon tank. My triggerfish always stayed in a little cave which was a smaller LR on top of a large LR, but I came home and the little LR(top of his cave) is now on the sand bed. I'm guessing the triggerfish moved it. Should I leave it on the sand bed or put it back for his cave?

He is probably out grown the tank and it is his way to telling you.

Also here are some pretty bad pictures of the wrasse. Does anybody know what type of wrasse he is?

Attachments

• CIMG0339.jpg
    CIMG0339.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 65
  • CIMG0347.jpg
    CIMG0347.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 82
thanks for the quick reply and i know the tank is too small for him and i plan to upgrade my tank soon but he is still very small about 1.5"

Triggers latch onto rocks and really bite them. In the wild, you can hear them underwater hitting the rocks and corals substructure. Sounds like popcorn popping. Look at their mouths, they are set up to be rock crushers! In fact a portion of the sand you find on the reef was made by passing thru the colon of a trigger fish. They actually poop sand.

Wow that's pretty interesting. And thanks for help with the wrasse.

Back
Top Bottom