Rock rubble or filter sock???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both IMO. I'm a fan of if you have the space to do it then do. I like the sock b/c weekly ill take it out and wash it. The rubble is yet another spot for beneficial bacterial. Both are good in their own way

I'm for both also. I use large socks (7") so I can turn them inside out and save all the little critters that found their way in there, before I toss them in the washing machine (just a little bleach, no soap). My filter socks get clogged up about every 4 or 5 days.

Ok cause people say that with rubble detritus gets stock sown in places and builds up and causes nitrates and all your food gets all built up in there!?

Ok cause people say that with rubble detritus gets stock sown in places and builds up and causes nitrates and all your food gets all built up in there!?

The filter sock will prevent this. Or at least most of it. The socks should catch all big debris like food.

I have two socks. Every 6-7 days I take it out replace it with the clean sock and wash in the washing machine (usually twice: inside out an regular) with no soap. This system works for me.

I use both also once every six months or so I vacuum the little bit that there is in the sump...

Back
Top Bottom