Rodi water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive heard people say no but I make my coffee with it :x lol

According to the who (world health organization) you should not drink ro/di water. It can have long term health effects. You shouldn't drink water with less than 28 Tds. Google it.

Bige said:
According to the who (world health organization) you should not drink ro/di water. It can have long term health effects. You shouldn't drink water with less than 28 Tds. Google it.

Now do you think the coffee or tea would make the difference then to make it safe?

Well I would actually think that's ok. The who article is based off third world country's. So your diet is providing you with the nutrients you need. I have read though that there are bacteria associated with di resin. But if you have seen no issues thus far, your probably ok. But I'm guessing. Not much research on the subject.

Bige said:
Well I would actually think that's ok. The who article is based off third world country's. So your diet is providing you with the nutrients you need. I have read though that there are bacteria associated with di resin. But if you have seen no issues thus far, your probably ok. But I'm guessing. Not much research on the subject.

Well either way it makes a GREAT cup of coffee haha

obscurereef said:
Read on this website and heard this before that "water with <75 TDS can seriously affect your intestinal track, and the lack or low level of minerals can cause other health problems, etc."

Is it Safe To Drink RO Water?? You'd be surprised.. - 3reef Forums

I could understand if that's all you drink having a mineral deficiency but as a pot of coffee I don't think it would be an issue since I drink other things during the day along with the food I eat. I guess ill let you guys know if I get sick ;) lmao

Our water company installed a rodi unit under our sink just so we could have drinking water, otherwise our water has tons of nitrates... So I don't see why it would be bad for you

abrage22 said:
Our water company installed a rodi unit under our sink just so we could have drinking water, otherwise our water has tons of nitrates... So I don't see why it would be bad for you

It bad because water with very low to no TDSs is a solvent. Not only will it have no minerals it will absorb minerals your body needs. you can get re-mineralization cartridges on amazon that will make it much safer to drink. That's what I do.

RO is fine to drink, RODI is not, just put in a couple of T's and valves to bypass the di part to fill for drinking water. Been drinking nothing but Ro water for 6 years

obscurereef said:
Why risk it?

Some towns have very bad tap water. My town had the water taken over by the EPA because they never addressed the multiple warnings about unsafe water standards. Drinking RO water with re-added minerals is a better option than tap water and I drink nothing but water, coffee and hot tea.

It's safe in the same way that straight RO is bad for FW shrimp and fish but fine if you amend it with the right minerals. I have a home RO that is split for home use and tank use. Home use water is run through a calcite+ (type) cartridge that makes the water neutral to alkaline. Much better than acidic straight RO.

Holygral said:
RO is fine to drink, RODI is not, just put in a couple of T's and valves to bypass the di part to fill for drinking water. Been drinking nothing but Ro water for 6 years

I have had osteoperosis since I was very young. It's dangerous for me to drink it straight. For many people it may be fine but for many others it saps minerals people are already short on.

Back
Top Bottom