Room for Clownfish in 40 Gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarinaClown

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have upgraded to a 40 gallon breeder from a 27 gallon cube. I have 5 fish in it and was thinking about whether or not to add an ocellaris clownfish. I don't have to have it as I am very happy with my livestock now. It includes one of each:
Purple Firefish
Cherub Angel
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
African Leopard Wrasse (eats frozen food)
Solar Fairy Wrasse

I have a few corals here and there but for the most part keeping as close to FOWLR as possible. Upgrading to 75 gallon in July.

Like I said it would be nice to have an ocellaris clown but I wouldn't be upset if I didn't have one.

Filtration:
Reef Octopus BH 100 protein skimmer
Aquaclear 50 DIY mini fuge
Sicce Voyager 2 powerhead (800 gph)
32 lbs of live rock (more will be added)
40 lbs of live sand.

If you're upgrading to a 75 in July, just wait 'til then. At that point, you'll have plenty of room for one, and you won't be subjecting it to the stress of an additional move.

If you're upgrading to a 75 in July, wait 'til then. At that point, you'll have plenty of room for one, and you won't be subjecting it to the stress of an additional move.

Thanks Phranque. Always helpful. Decided to wait. So far everyone is getting along just fine but not worth the risk as you mentioned.
Added 5 lbs of live rock today and the wrasses started to come out more. They are great alternatives to Tangs. Colorful and out and about all the time.

Back
Top Bottom