Rowaphos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hookman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have been having a green hair algae problem, I cleaned it up but then started slacking on water changes. I went to That Fish Place yesterday, got new PC bulbs (I didn't change them since last May), and Rowaphos. I put the Rowaphos in the supplied media bag and hooked up my emperor 400 and dropped the media bag in. I plan on taking the rocks out and scrubbing them in a separate container. Any ideas on how to make the emperor more efficient, Should I throw a filter cartridge in? Think a reactor would be better? Thanks for any advice!

Along with better care, try something that likes grazing on it. I don't know your tank, but I had GREAT luck with a Sea Hare and hair algae, tangs of course, and snails. To eradicate the problem, these will help, and eliminating the source would be the best!

Do you use RO water?

First you want to remove the source. Overfeeding, not enough PWC's and leaving the lights on for too long could be sources.

Cerith Snails, Blue Legged hermit crabs as wll as Yellow Tangs will eat hair Algae.

Back
Top Bottom