Royal gramma

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adio800

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added a small royal gramma to my 60 gal tank and he pretty much hides in the rock completely until there's food.. Are they all like this??

And when my wrasse goes into the rock for the night he comes out and swims... Should I remove the wrasse I don't see any fighting.. Is he just shy still??

Many royal grammas like to hide in a nook and occasionally pop out. I wouldn't be alarmed. Unless you see another fish pestering it or any fin damage It should be fine.

Okay thank you, is there anyway to get him more in the open do you think?

Okay thank you, is there anyway to get him more in the open do you think?

If he is new he may still be getting accustomed to your tank. Also it depends on your stocking. I've had grammas that stayed out more than others depending on the tankmates. You could try rearranging the rocks but you don't know if it will pick a spot more in front or not. Honestly I would leave it be and wait & see if it gets less shy over time.

I'm gunna wait it out and see but I figured it might be the wrasse since he comes out more when he's goes

Back
Top Bottom