rtn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danbstrong

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever had a coral rtn and figured out the cause? I had my first coral rtn the other day ive had coral die in the past of course but this was a matter of 1 day tissue literally fell off the skeleton of a purple millie the polyps were even out while this was happening coral wasn new to the tank nothin was new on or about the tank

Has anyone ever had a coral rtn and figured out the cause? I had my first coral rtn the other day ive had coral die in the past of course but this was a matter of 1 day tissue literally fell off the skeleton of a purple millie the polyps were even out while this was happening coral wasn new to the tank nothin was new on or about the tank

Params are
Tank 150g sump 65g lighting 120w led ph 8.0 dkh12 cal 420 nitrate and phosphate undetectable with salifert test sump has chaeto i use phosphate reactor and calcium reactor oversized skimmer 16g waterchange every sunday reefcrystals ive only heard of rtn i mean this milli lost all tissue in less than 24 hours bone white now

Thankfully I've never had to deal with rtn.....

Have you made any recent additions to the tank? Heard stress from coral introductions can be a big factor.

Thankfully I've never had to deal with rtn.....

Have you made any recent additions to the tank? Heard stress from coral introductions can be a big factor.

Nothin changed this just happened yesterday i hadn changed water since last sunday so it wouldnt be anything i added or any temp change i mean it looked great in the morning then about 3:00 it was halfway gone bedtime very little flesh left this morning RIP :-( ive heard of it but this is a first for me source water 0 tds dont get me wrong ive had coral die but this is different its like the flesh just melted off i have other coral in there birdnest , a few acros , few millis , few montis , zoas , tort , enchinata are all fine lighting schedule the same idk

Back
Top Bottom