Rtn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I bought this new montipora piece in Monday and it was doing fine until about 8 tonite now it's almost completely white and dead it appears I have rtn. What causes rtn and can it be cured or stopped, should i get rid of the coral and can it spread to some of my Lps or sps corals . Also will it lead to a ammonia spike

What are your params? How much flow and light is the coral getting?

And a pic would help.

Ok ill have to take a pic when I get home but my parameters seemed ok my ammonia was 0 my nitrites 0 my nitrates were a little high at 20 and my alkalinity was 8.5 it's 9 now do u think it was because of the nitrates

Could be. What other sps do you have and how are they doing? Placement, lighting, flow? Did you light acclimate?

I placed it pretty high and they are under LEDs set at 47 percent I have another small montipora frag that I have had for 2 months that is doing fine so I can't figure out why this one would crash ,do u think it can recover

I have it pretty high in my tank and they are under ai sol LEDs set at 47 percent I have a small montipora frag that i bought a couple of months ago that is doing fine so I can't understand y this one crashed. Do u think that it might be able to recover and pull through

I have it pretty high in my tank and they are under ai sol LEDs set at 47 percent I have a small montipora frag that i bought a couple of months ago that is doing fine so I can't understand y this one crashed. Do u think that it might be able to recover and pull through

Id move it onto the sandbed for the time being, sounds like its getting too much light. You should always start a coral at the lowest level of light to "light acclimate" as previously stated. Id say move em down and give it a day or 2 and see how it looks

Back
Top Bottom