Sabae purle tipped anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wbartsch

Aquarium Advice Activist
Oes anyone know why my purple tip will only really open up when i just have my atinics on? When the daylight is on he has been kinda shrivling/closing but the second i turn them off he starts to open. I have a two light t5HO fixture with 10000k daylight and 18000 atinic

If it is truly a sebae I would say you have nowhere near enough light to sustain it. What are your water parameters like? They are one of the more difficult anemones.

Water is good just checked it yesterday. Salinity got a little high but iv been slowly bringing it back down. What would he need? I have a 20g tank btw i dont think i mentioned that

Are you sure it's a sebae and not a condy anemone? The seabe usually run $50-100 while Condys are super cheap. If it's a condy it will probably be ok it could just be light shock. Condy anemones usually have long tentacles while sebae have shorter fat ones.

Here we go. I dont think hes bleeched but i did notice the tank i got him out of there was a white one in there so maybe he is being shocked by the lighting change?

Attachments

• image-3423568681.jpg
    image-3423568681.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 65
Here we go. I dont think hes bleeched but i did notice the tank i got him out of there was a white one in there so maybe he is being shocked by the lighting change?

Yeah it's not bleached, just keep your water in check and watch him. If you just got him he is probably still adjusting.

Do you know what kind of substrate these guys usually live on? Iv read both

I've seen them dig their foot into the sand and I've seen them attach to glass/rocks. Usually it will move until it's happy

Back
Top Bottom