Sad Day :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It is a sad day for me I lost one of my favorite fishes to the overflow box. He got stuck between the pipe and overflow box and could not fee himself so he could have been swimming around in there. I even had made those screen tops to prevent him from jumping out of the tank since I lost two other fish that way.
Any tips or pictures on how to keep fish from going into the overflow box will be greatly appreciated.
RIP my little friend....

He was never camera shy either.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389535191866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389535191866.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 147
Sorry you lost your wrasse. They aren't just jumpers, they are escape artists. If you get another, maybe some egg crate ontop of the tank will help prevent another tragic loss.

Sorry you lost your wrasse. They aren't just jumpers, they are escape artists. If you get another, maybe some egg crate ontop of the tank will help prevent another tragic loss.
Thanks. I have made the DIY screen tops to prevent carpet surffing already had two diamond gobies that did that. Now just need a DIY item to prevent them going into the overflow but will cause them to fall back into the tank.

I'm about to make the same battle with eggcrate for the orange back I just bought. If I come up with anything ingenious for the overflow besides cutting around it I'll let you know for future endeavors.

I'm about to make the same battle with eggcrate for the orange back I just bought. If I come up with anything ingenious for the overflow besides cutting around it I'll let you know for future endeavors.
Thanks.

Not sure how many have overflow boxes but on the sides there are large holes where the PVC pipes come out which would normally fill that hole. On the particular overflow box that I found him in I did not have that hole sealed up with floss like I did on the other side but someone had sent me a picture of some plastic stuff that you can get at Michaels or Hobby Lobby – craft stores.. It is for either cross stitch or latch hook project. So I rigged this up and in hopes if I should get another one like him that he won’t end up like the last one. Sorry about the reflection in the one picture without the screen top on.

uploadfromtaptalk1389623144239.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389623167536.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389623167536.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 108
Back
Top Bottom