Saddle Valentini Puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to Petco today they had the cutest little tiny baby Valentini Puffer only like 1" big. It is not Reef safe and I have a 46g reef tank I was seconds away from purchasing it instead I bought a remote control car for my kids. I knew I made the right choice. but my question is are they not reef safe simply because they are invert safe or are they not coral safe as well. If it was just that the inverts become lunch I would almost be ok with just leaving them as snacks for the puffer. But if he ate the corals that would not be ok with me. I have a cleaner shrimp that would become lunch most likely I would have to get rid of it. But I would assume my goby and pistol shrimp would be ok since they hide under the rocks. So has anyone tried a Saddle Valentini with corals and without invertabrates???

I think it is mostly because it will eat your inverts. But I have seen mention of the fact that it may develop a taste for corals.

Back
Top Bottom