Sally LF crab banished to refugium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have quickly learned that crabs of any kind seem to be troublemakers. My Sally lightfoot crab has molted 3times and been healthy and interesting to watch. However I am nervous about adding anything to my tank because of the crabs aggressive behavior. So I am left with 2 options IMO either I put the SLF crab in my refugium section to hang out and feed off of the Liverock rubble or take it to the LFS for some other poor sole that may or may not keep it alive. Can the little devil survive in the Refugium its about 10x12x10 I know the refugium is a safe-haven for copeods and such would the SLF crab devoire these probably? I don't think I am going to go crabless from now on. Any thoughts??

from my expeience they are perfectly fine. I have 2 and they pick away at the algae in the tank, come out at feeding time and the one time one went after a fish, it was a scooter blenny and wasnt even close to catching it.

I have seen it Jump at fish like it was defending or attacking them. Mean little guy. I was thinking about taking back to the LFS if I can catch it.

I`ve never had any problem with mine but a crab is a crab and they all dont act the same.

Back
Top Bottom