salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a little box of salt for 10g(instant ocean) for my10g tank, when I added
water should I add all the salt or little?

add about half and see where it is due to ya dont have 10 gallons of water unless the tank has nothing in it

The box contains ten gallons of salt, that doesn't mean that the whole box is to be used for a 10 gallon tank, at least I don't think it does. (not sure if thats what you mean, but thats what it sounded like) I added the salt to my tank then the water but when I mix water for changes, I add the salt to the water. You can just pour a little in at a time and allow a PH to mix. Check your salinity level periodically and add salt as necessary.

The little box said 10 U.S Gallon 38 liters new wt. 3 lbs 1.36kg

After your substrate and live rock if you have any the acutal amount of water in the tank is less so as was suggested add only a portion. kind of sift the salt into the tank. Of course if you have substrate and rock in there now you should nto be adding sand to it anyway.

Do not add all the salt at once since you may add too much and be stuck with high salinity..
Add a little at a time and dilute it with water from the tank before you put it in ...
Then test and add more until you reach the desired level !

Back
Top Bottom