Salt Creep Eliminator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bearfan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone ever use this product? I saw it in the Drs Foster & Smith catalog and was wondering if it works.

I also saw this lime off that I thought might rid some of the white deposits.

And this for cleaning the glass.

Anyone ever use any of these?

That was about all I saw in this month's catalog that interested me.

I am nervous about adding anything weird to my tank....but it does seem interesting. I wanna know more about it too.

I meant to say I'd interested in the salt creep eliminator.

Although I don't think any of the 3 products Bearfan lists go into the water.

Dont waste your money on the salt creep eliminator...I bought 2 bottles of this (different brands) and spent more energy making sure I didnt get much if any overspray in the water....I threw 3/4 of both bottles away...if you follow the directions, you will be using this stuff every 2-4 days...which is the same amt if you didnt use it!

what should I do with my salt creep? I have been sticking it into the skimmer so it will dissolve back into the system. Is this a bad thing? :dope:

I do the same thing..now anything outside the tank like the edges of the tank. I wipe it off as Im afraid it might contain some particles from the room enviroment...that is if your skimmer is in under your tank...all of my salt creep on my sump, skimmer, plumbing, I sweep back into the water...

I have been sticking it into the skimmer so it will dissolve back into the system. Is this a bad thing?
You'd be increasing the salinity. Since you are losing water through evaporation, your salinity automaticaly will go up, you would be giving it a bigger boost yet. But, it can't be that much more salt, unless you have a leak. :roll:

Putting it back in the tank won't increase salinity unless you've already added SW to replace the evaporated water (which you shouldn't be doing)

any salt creep came from the tank, so putting it back in has no net effect

Back
Top Bottom