Salt mix and reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ajm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm planning a 55g reef in the near future. I currently have a 20g fowlr and use regular instant ocean. Should I switch to the instant ocean reef crystal salt in my planned tank? I was reading up and it says it has all of the supplements etc in it for a reef. Anyone have experience with reef crystals? What brands do you guys use? Thank you

AJ

I use Oceanic but IMO there is no "one" better than all out there. They all have their strentghs and weaknesses. If there was a mix better than the others than we would all be using it. Good Luck with the tank.

I use instant ocean too and it works well. I'd say use the reef crystals for a reef tank. It'll probably work better. I don't have much experience with it however.

I use reef crystals in my reef tanks and am pleased with it. I use the regular I/O for my fish only tanks as well. I think it mixes well enough, has the essential elements you need and it's one of the cheaper salts out there.

everyone will have their favorite and like said above none is really better than another. I;ve tried a few brands and have always come back to instant ocean.

I use the red sea pro salt, did use reef crystals before I switched. I loved the reef crystals, but I can tell my corals like the red sea pro salt alot better and grow a lot faster with it.

I, too, use reef crystals. Never really had a problem so no reason to switch.

Back
Top Bottom