SaltWater Fish Compatiability ??? Experts help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have recently decided to upgrade my 29G sw tank into a 75g tank. In my old tank i have a snowflake eel(8 inch), blue ring angel(juv), royal gamma basslet, voilitan lion(4inch), 2- 3 striped damsels, maroon clownfish, 1 ex large common hermit, a baby salfin tang, and a large mono. What kind of fish can i mix with these guys in a 75 g tank? I want some nice hardy and colorful fish. thanks for you time

also how do maroon clowns mix with other maroon clowns? do they fight each other? i heard they are the most agressive clowns. What if i get like 5 clowns? will this lessen the fighting. also can i mix in a tomato clown with the maroon?

You had all those fish in a 29G tank???? How long have you had your tank set up? At least three of those fish are too large for even a 75G tank. So, to answer your question, you have no room for any more fish if you upgrade to a 75G and actually I think you should take at least a couple of those fish back to the LFS. If you are not upgrading, then you should absolutely take back the Angel, Lion, Maroon Clown, and Sailfin tang.

tripper

I agree with tripper...I can't believe that many fish were in a 29. Your 75 is stuffed. Where are these 5 clowns you are pondering supposed to fit in?

You're volitan will eat those maroons as well. But I have to agree with the others you don't have anymore room for fish.

hmmmm... my fish are doing fine they are all healthy...this set up was for about........6 months already.....everything is going well....so if i get a 75 no more fish ehz??

In my old tank i have a snowflake eel(8 inch), blue ring angel(juv), royal gamma basslet, voilitan lion(4inch), 2- 3 striped damsels, maroon clownfish, 1 ex large common hermit, a baby salfin tang, and a large mono.
8O 8O 8O
wow, that is a very nice fish list for a 180gal tank.

I would agree, at least consider a 180 gallon, if not a 210...for long term success your 75 is way too small. 8O

Back
Top Bottom