Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kopitar

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys

My reef tank has been running for a year and a half now .. I just noticed these last coule of days that my sand is starting to turn reddish at some spots.. Took some pictures what is this ?
Is it a problem with my water ?

Thanks for the info

Attachments

• image-1529369466.jpg
    image-1529369466.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1782916112.jpg
    image-1782916112.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 69
Hey guys

My reef tank has been running for a year and a half now .. I just noticed these last coule of days that my sand is starting to turn reddish at some spots.. Took some pictures what is this ?
Is it a problem with my water ?

Thanks for the info

Looks to be cyano. Are you using ro? I'd check the Tds of it if you have your own unit. Those areas could be experiencing lower flow as well.

Cyanobacteria. You have excess nutrients(nitrates/phosphates) in the water and probably not enough water flow.

Yes im using RO/DI unit but last week i noticed a problem with my TDS meter , the water coming out wasnt indicating 0 anymore ..
It was all these weird numbers 107.25 or 450 i turned it on/off a few times thinking my TDS was broken or something but it kept doin same

Does this mean my filters in my rodi unit needs to be changed ?

Remove excess nutrients, more flow, and suck out what you can during water changes.

Back
Top Bottom