sand online or LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most LFS sell "live sand" in the bag. It is crap and a waste of money. To go with LS, buy some playsand (Southdown from Home Depot) and seed it with some LS from an exsisting reef. Just a few pounds will be all you need. Eventually, all the sand will become LS. It is a lot cheaper way to go then buying the stuff in a bag off the shelf from the LFS.

Sorry, I forgot...WELCOME TO AQUARIUM ADVICE!!! :smilecolros: :smilecolros: :smilecolros:
I see you are from Eagan, I live in Savage. What LFS do you go to?

Garf has some great stuff. I used it in mine and I got pods of all sorts, stars, coraline and sponges (though some might not like the looks of it on the sand, I did, but I had a friend who didn't). I never noticed the sponges till i moved around my rocks and I had all kinds of purple pinks and oranges on them and the corraline grew like mad. They say they have strains from all over the world in there. I'd say look at my gallery but i just bought rock from Liverocks.com and it sort of looks better (only because it had more time to grow). Also good stuff to seed with from my understanding.

lando i go to wet pet in apple valley and world of fsh richfield they both are good stores. I sometimes go to petco or petsmart for their 15 day guartnee on fish for my first fish in the tank and also for their deals on fish stuff.

Back
Top Bottom