Sand Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you wana get whats called Yardright playsand, but i see youre from CA like me and its not gona be easy to find it in CA. You can use quikrete sand which is silica altho some go against it i know ppl that use it all the time with no problems. You want small sugar sized grains. If you have a large tank then a 50lb is worth it but if you have a small tank or nano id say just get some from a lfs and no deal with trying to find aragonite southdown sand.

I bought 100 pounds of playground sand from homedepot for $10 and washed it out like 10 times, it works fine, the water was cloudy for like 24 hours but now it perfectly fine.

i actually called the companythat sells the silica sand to home depot. the lady said that may people call and ask her if there sand was ok in aquariums. she says yes, in fact, there is a lfs in cincy that has a deal witht the company that if you buy it with a certain coupon you can get it $1.25 for 50lb bag

i've tried to get home depot to send me southdown but you have to buy a whole flat. i gave up to look for it in my area

Back
Top Bottom