Santa Cruz Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i live in santa cruz so ill try to help you out. i really wouldn't get sand from here. expesialy from the capitola area. i would go carmel or monteray if you really dont want to buy it. but if your really stuck on your ways and are determined to get it from santa cruz, ide say that hidden beach or beer can beach will be the cleanest, but i really would recomend going to monteray. about the cleanest place i can think of is monestary beach, but its a little bit of a drive.

Ya thanks that is what I was thinking also... at least the dirty santa cruz sand... How clean is it in monteray though? I havent been there in a very long time... thanks. Also will it be ok to add crabs from monteray?

If you plan on getting beach sand do it from as far from shore as possible. A boat and scuba gear would be best. This will cut down on pollution in the sand.

monteray is prittly clean because it is a marine santuary. rmpd109 is right, the farther out the better. if your tanks sycled then adding crabs should be ok, although ive been diving out there and its hard to find anything that isn't huge. right now im setting up a large cold water tank and im hoping to go diving for sand and live rock in a cupple of months, so if in a cupple of months you want some more message me. oh, you should also get a bait lisence if you want to colect sand, i think you can get them at outdoor world cheep. if you want to collect crabs get a fishing lisence

Back
Top Bottom