Scooter questions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jermz79

Aquarium Advice Addict
My friend that gave me my Yellow tail Damsel is for lack of better terms UN-stocking his tank. He wants to give me a Scooter Dragonet, I have read on the internet that these fish can be dificult to keep as they eat PODS (sometimes they will eat other leftovers that fall to the sand). I'd hate to see him give him to the LFS as they don't give much in return and actually I like the fish.

Couple questions ... with my tank being so new should I even attempt to keep this fish? If I do keep him will my tank have enough pods (If I look at night I can see them by the hundreds on the back of the tank) for him to survive? If I do keep him should I buy some PODS from the internet to add to my "PODULATION" ... :lol: HeHe a little fish humor from me!!!!

Background on the fish ... He has had him for about a year and is nice and round and seems to be doing great! I love the way it looks when he picks at the sand and then spits out his gills ... kind of like he's smoking!

Thanks
Jermz

I talked to my friend earlier and he says that the scooter was eating frozen food with a drop of garlic for attraction. He said that it should be fine in my tank ... as long as it continues eating frozen foods!
Also he said that with the amount of LR I have and the 20 more lbs. I plan on getting I should be fine with pods for him.

Refugium would be nice, but unfortunately not feasable right now as I just bought a new house and have a 5 month old baby. :D :D

Any other thoughts on the scooter! I've read a lot on here and see that people have had success getting them to eat other than pods!

I have had good luck getting scotters to eat frozen. if he already is, you should be golden.

mine ate frozen mysis shrimp... u have to target feed em with a turkey baster or something..I read somewhere that at least 80lbs of lr is needed.. and I would pile up some rocks so the pods have somewhere else to hide..they also eat worms and other microfauna as well.. not just pods...I gave mine back to the pet store because my tank is still new and I want the pods and worms to really kick off..

Back
Top Bottom