Sea Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blaster

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi All,

I have this little problem that my gravel sea coral always becomes brown. Every once in awhile I make little waves with my hads and get ride of it. I know that some people have some sort of filters but I never new this until know. My tank is 140 Gal and has 140 pounds of live rock.

You need a clean up crew, I doubt a filter would help you. You need animals that will turn your coral gravel over for you, if the grain size is large, you should also vacuum the coral gravel regularly. What you are seeing is diatom algae covering the gravel ;)

What kind of cleaner crew can do this job?
I have 9 hermit crabs, 1 Emerald Mithrax Crab, 1 Arrow Head crab and 10 Turbo Mexican snails.

Would you happen to have a web site or a picture as how they look like. Because I have no clue.

Thanks

Do a search on the site of a canadian online vendor.

Fighting conch
fighting_conch.jpg

LOL, they are snails, they are just specific species of snails. The queen conch gets pretty big, would be considered a GIANT snail ;) They are also pretty good fried up for fritters ;)

Back
Top Bottom