Sea Cucumber and zoanthids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JVS__RAMBO

Aquarium Advice Regular
Looking to get a zoanthid frag and a pink sea cucumber. What do you guys think? My tank cycled about 2 weeks ago everything lookin really good except the hair algae problem.

Take care of the HA problem first would be my advice. If it's there it means there are still excess nutrients that corals wouldn't like very much. A newly cycled tank can still fluctuate quite a bit and sensitive creatures wont take to kindly to it. Be proactive instead of reactive.

Ya, I am gonna wait. Trying to get rid of the hair algae now and detritis on the sand. Snails just don't seem to do the trick and my lawnmower blenny can't seem to put a dent in it.

Hmmm....sounds like your tank is trying to finish cycling. Have you done any tests lately? What were your results? Did you start the tank two weeks ago or did you think it finished cycling two weeks ago? How big is the tank and how much live rock do you have?

Alot of questions, I know. I'm just trying to help you get through this algae bloom faster.

It cycled two weeks ago. 120g tank with 120lbs live rock 20lbs live sand in refugium, 10 lbs live sand in tank. 160 lbs of regular sand in tank. Ph 8.0 Amm 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0-5. Not sure if my phosphates are high been doing 10 gallons water changes since it cycled so it don't look like its growing anymore just the stuff I have is getting longer. Oh my Alk is 9

Back
Top Bottom