Sea Horse possible?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squado

Aquarium Advice Freak
With the setup that I have right now, would it be possible to add a seahorse if I were to add copodes to the system. I know that they do best in species only aquariums or with shy fish, but was just wondering if it would do ok in my tank......TIA

Here is an article written that describes the most basic needs of a seahorse tank.
Maybe it will be useful to you.
http://www.fantasyreef.com/viewtopic.php?t=581

My "quick" answer to you would be that your tank if full already and that the seahorse would likely starve to death because the other tankmates would out compete it for food.

I agree with scottm and hara. It is best to have a species only tank for them or other inhabatants that are slow. I thought about getting them, but read a bunch and decided to pass on them for now.

Species only, may be able to share with some of the smaller fish species, but will have no chance with the majority of sw species.

Seahorses with shrimps for clean up would be cool

Seahorses are possible. Infact, from my experience so far they aren't that hard. You just need to know your stuff, choose suitable tankmates, etc.

Btw Hara, I clicked that link and it gave me a trojan virus >.<

Ok, I recently changed around the livestock that I had in my tank. I changed my previous setup from a clownfish, royal gramma, and koran Angel to just a Royal Gramma and a mandarin. I wound up giving my brother the koran angel and the clownfish. I still have a CBD, emerald, featherdusters, and an urchin. I plan on cultivating my own pods, but im waiting on the setup to arrive. Do you think that a sea horse would be within reason know, or is it not a good idea? Just curious............TIA.........

It is not a good idea until that tanks pod population gets very secure.

Im not thinking about purchasing a sea horse anytime soon. I was just curious about getting one after my tank has enough pods. I just figured since I was going to populate with pods for the mandarin, that it would work for the sea horse too. Ill just wait until my pod population gets high enough... Thanks

With that size of a tank and the Mandarin, I doubt you'll ever have any sort of pod population.

Back
Top Bottom