sea horse startup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nutrak

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi folks. I'm looking to start up a seahorse tank. i have a 55. tank with heater, lights and an aquaclear 500 filter....what more do i need? i'm open to any suggestions. thanks.
joe

IMO, one should be very experienced in keeping a saltwater tank before considering seahorses. They require special needs that can be difficult to duplicate (slow water flow, but high water quality...not easy to achieve for most), especially by beginners.

Being a delicate animal, I would pass you on to www.seahorse.org where you can get more specific information that can help you make a good decision.

If you still feel your up to the task.. You will definately need a very good skimmer. You should definately check out that site first though. Sea Horses are indeed delicate.

Seahorses are very hard to keep because they have special needs. Thye are very hard to feed because they are slow eaters. Most people I know that have seahorese hand feed them. i would say if you have mastered the reef aquarium give it a try but you have to be willing to put alot of time and special care into this type of tank. GOOD LUCK :D

Back
Top Bottom