Sea urchin question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drew300

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a long spine sea urchin in my tank that I've had for a couple months. A friend of mine tore down his saltwater tank and gave me some livestock. One of the things he gave me was a blue tuxedo urchin. The question is. Can both urchin stay in the same tank?

I'm not sure I know tuxedo urchins are great cleanup workers as far as long spine not entirely sure maybe keep poking around I'm quite curious as well..

The only reason I got it was because my friend didn't know what to do with it. It does look nice but I guess only time will tell if it works out or not

Agree well fingers cross I'm sure it will be a nice addition to your setup best of luck

what size tank do you have , I had different urchins together with no problems but I have a big tank
I would say any tank 3ft long or larger would be ok anything smaller I would question as they need there space

The food is really the biggest of the issue that could come up. They eat a ton. Literal algae machines. I have a rose urchin mowing through the remaining algae in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom