Seachem Garlic Guard vs. Kent Garlic Extreme

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Viperboy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well i have been reading around on the forums and other things and have decided that i want to use some sort of garlic in the food i feed my fish because not only does it make them want to eat but it helps to build their immune system .... so i was wondering if anyone has experience with these products and which one works and is better or if someone knows something else ..... thanks

Ray

I use fresh but if I needed to buy I would get the kent brand. I have heard good things about the kent brand . Either brand should be fine ...

Just to even things out and avoid giving you a consensus....

I use Garlic Guard and the fish go wild for anything it touches.

By my count, so far you have homemade, Kent, Seachem, and "any is fine" as the preferred! I think that covers it..... :lol:

plecoperson said:
Just to even things out and avoid giving you a consensus....

I use Garlic Guard and the fish go wild for anything it touches.

By my count, so far you have homemade, Kent, Seachem, and "any is fine" as the preferred! I think that covers it..... :lol:
I agree, I don't even remember the brand I use, but it is one of those.

I just buy a fresh garlic.
I take and cut a piece off then I remove the skin
I then take a morter/pestal and crush add in a little salt water from the tank and soak the frozen food in it for 5 minutes to 30 minutes but not more than 30 as the active ingreadient is allicin . The allicin is what is thought trigger the enhanced feeding response .
If you dont have a mortar/pestal you can use the back of a spoon on a plate/ dish ect . Then I take it to the tank turn off the filter and pour in most all of them will eat even the garlic bits as well ... HTH

Sadielynn,

most all of them will eat even the garlic bits as well

They eat raw garlic?!? Have you got Italian Angel fish or what?

Nope just well rounded clowns and fire fish they are piggies :lol:

You may wish to rethink that as alot add preservatives to prolong shelf life

Back
Top Bottom