Seaclone 100

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey all,
just got a SeaClone because of the affordable price. I can get it to produce foam, but it releases WAY to many bubbles into the water. What can i do?

TIA

P-MAn

Mine took some tweeking, but I finally got it to work. The best advice I read was open the air up full (remove the little plug) for 1 week. Then put the cap on and start adjusting it. Mine works wonderfully now!

micro bubbles

I just set up my aquarium for saltwater and have same skimmer. I have millions of micro bubbles on everything also. water intake is 2-3" from the top so I know that is right. I have tried setting the air intake but that doesn't seem to work either. I am wondered if I just keep it running will this stop. I read another post on a skimmer and someone said theres cleared up after a week or two. Any help would be great

thanks
Jeff

The micro-bubbles will clear up. I promise that one. I was real tempted to call my loss and buy a different skimmer, but they cleared up!! As for the water overflowing the cup, that's another story.

Are you using any type of water conditioner? They tend to make skimmers go crazy with foam for a couple of days.

We guys I just turned my skimmer off,, I kinda wasn't thinking that my tank is just set up so there shouldn't be anything to skim yet LOL Is this correct? I read several posts saying that you don't need it to run due to no organic matter to be removed. Thanks for all your help.

thanks
Jeff

I've been using the Seaclone 100 for about two weeks now. The first week, I left the air intake closed. This weekend I tried opening it up and tweaking it, but the microbubbles were driving me crazy. Let it sit for 2 days, still bubbles, but not as big, much smaller. I decided I'd leave the air intake wide open for a week and try again next week.

PS During the two days I had it 1 1/2 turns open, it did fill the collection cup about 1/4 full.

Back
Top Bottom