seaclone skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastershake

Aquarium Advice Activist
so i got one today, and i was just wondering to break it in, should i leave the air valve thing open to let in air which will cause air to flow into the tank, or should i keep it closed, or is the trick to find a happy medium, this is my first skimmer and im not exactly sure on how to set it up properly, any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I let mine almost completely open and had skimmate by next morning. It was a little runny but evened out after a couple of days. Now skimmate is much darker but much less as well. I have it wide open now.

so i should start it open, thanks for the input, im not worried about the bubbles hurting anything since theres nothing in the tank, just wasnt sure how to start it

my micro bubbles went away as I turned it down slowly. If this is a new tank and you put any water conditioners in watch out. They make skimmers foam like crazy

I have a cyclone skimmer also, always have the valve open all the way, it works great, a little noisy but ok.

Back
Top Bottom