Sealife Systems sump has odd output size. Help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gatorfreak

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Sealife Systems sump (was given to me so I don't know much about it) that has a male, threaded output (to pump). I got a female threaded 1" PVC but that's too small. A 1-1/4" female threaded PVC is too big. So it's not a common PVC size. Maybe 1-1/8" but I haven't seen that at HD. Anyone have a clue? Thanks!

Hmmm!! that is a weird one. Is the fitting from the sump just a bulkhead fitting? If so, then you could just replace it with a new bulkhead fitting and get the barb fitting to connect to your pump (assuming you plan on running flexible hose, if not them a slip bulkhead fitting for PVC connections). If it is an integral part of the sump (cannot be removed) then I am stumped. HTH 8)

Well I found that a 1-1/4" PVC pipe slides very snugly over the threads. Lucky, I guess. A little PVC cement or silicone sealant should ensure a good seal. Thanks for the reply though.

It might be removable. I'll have to check when I get home. I have everything setup in the garage and I'm going to run everything in there for a day or two to make sure there are no leaks before setting it up in the house. Not to worry, I'm not putting anything in the house that leaks.

:) I would sleep a lot better knowing that if that fitting can be removed, you do that and get one that works. Especially with a leak from your sump. Murphy's law has a habit of kicking us in the teeth with this stuff and I would hate to see you burn out your main pump because the joint leaked. HTH

Back
Top Bottom