SeanMonster's 180 gallon Reef Conversion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeanMonster

Aquarium Advice Addict
Friday the 13th. The long awaited conversion of my 180g FO to a reef. The equipment is as follows:

AquaticLife 8 bulb T5 light fixture
Custom acrylic sump
ASM G3+ Protein Skimmer
2 300W Fluval Heaters
2 Koralia 1450 power heads
ATO Unit
1200 GPH Magdrive Return Pump
100 lbs Fiji Live Rock
Select pieces of decor I already had

Started the cycle 2 days ago. Hoping I'm ready for livestock in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• image-3711799885.jpg
    image-3711799885.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 223
Great choice. Why'd you want to convert? Is it going to be a mixture of different coral types or SPS dominant? Cool tank.

Great choice. Why'd you want to convert? Is it going to be a mixture of different coral types or SPS dominant? Cool tank.

Decided to convert because I enjoy my 90 gal reef that is in my kitchen. The 180 gal is in my Familyroom where I spend most of my time. I'm planning on doing a mixture of corals. Thanks for the compliment and for following along.

Picked up a couple of torches, moved my Pagoda Cup Coral and Grape Cap into the tank. Will get some pictures soon.

Coming along nicely mate. Looks really good, get cracking on the picks lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some nice looking corals there mate. What is the one on the right? The one that looks like a petal.

Some nice looking corals there mate. What is the one on the right? The one that looks like a petal.

That is my Purple Cap from my 90 gal reef. It's about the size of a volleyball. It was a small triangle when I got it.

Your welcome. Can you give me the Latin name for the purple cap please.

Back
Top Bottom