Seeding a DSB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have read some articles about seeding a DSB with different creatures. I am using caribsea special reef grade, (1-2mm) its not live sand, can/should I still seed this bed (4.5 inches deep roughly 100lbs of sand) if so what do I seed with and where can the organisms be purchased?

Thanks

Okay, I checked out these kits, and have another question. I guess im under the old stigma that bristles are bad. I am going ot read all this "bristles are reef safe and good" stuff in a bit, but I wanted to open the floor to some of your opinions on it. Won't they just take up residence in the LR and be no good to the DSB? Also any input on these sphagetti worms? Good or bad idea?

it my understanding that as long as ya dont get the green bristles your safe !!
worms ok

Bristles and spaghetti worms are excellent scavengers, I wouldn't keep a tank without them. 99% i would say will be your typical bristleworms, the other being a "fireworm" that could be a little detrimental to the tank. It is a small enough percentage that I don't pay it any mind.

Back
Top Bottom