selling reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grumpy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What would be the best way to sell an established 90 gal reef tank. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Steve

wait, you have my tank? i live near you with a 90 gal reef tank.

you might want to call some of the lfs. advanced aquatics and beyond the reef are two that might help you out here in schaumburg

if you get to a point where you are just wanting to give the livestock a good home, ill come and pick it up from you. you might have some luck on ebay or others selling just the tank and equipment.

pm me if you have any questions

If you want to get rid of corals I am very interested, I live in St. Charles, very close indeed. Will pay cash! Lets hear what you got.

I have a all glass 90 gal reef tank, 4' halide light, wood cabinet w/ canopy, sump, uv light, protien skimmer, 140lbs live rock(aprox) 3 clowns, 1 purple dotty back, 1-coral beauty angel, 1- yellow tang, 3-yellow tail damsels, 1- mandrian dragonet, 1-lawnmower blenny, 5- blue chromis, 2-sand stars, 7-emeral crabs, 1-coral banded shrimp, assorted turbos, the whole tank has been up and running for 1 year and all the fish have been in tank for a minimum of 8 months.

Asking 2500.00 for the whole works

Steve

Unforutnately, resales generally aren't able to command a very high price. Almost worse than driving a car off a lot, I'm afraid! :? I'm guessing you'd be lucky to get 1000 for it all unless you got lucky parting it all out. You could try your hand at that on the local board over at reefcentral.

Good luck!

Grumpy, unfortunately you are going to find that used aquarium equipment does not carry much resale value. For $2,500, you could come close to buying all of that equipment brand new.

The cost of all the equipment new is over $3000 but this includes the LR/LS and all the critters.

Steve

If you do get to the point of "parting it out" let me know, I am mainly interested in corals but might be willing to make an offer on snails, a fish or two, skimmer depending on unit, and the halides, also depending on the specs. Feel free to pm me if ya get to that point. I am minutes from Elgin.

Back
Top Bottom