Set up hospital tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robow

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I set up a hospital tank this morning new tank with new HOB filter No carbon in the filter I added The recomended dossage of melafix to the tank now the water is so cloudy I can't see through it I haven't added my sick fish yet because I dont wont to hurt him what should I do.

Hospital tank cracked can I use a five gallon bucket as one it is for my 6 inch zebra lion fish?

I set up a hospital tank this morning new tank with new HOB filter No carbon in the filter I added The recomended dossage of melafix to the tank now the water is so cloudy I can't see through it I haven't added my sick fish yet because I dont wont to hurt him what should I do.

You have to cycle your tank before you can try to medicate a fish. Add some gravel from your established tank and use some of your filter media in your HOB. Search cycling and you will find everything you need to know.

Hospital tank cracked can I use a five gallon bucket as one it is for my 6 inch zebra lion fish?

I have used Rubbermaid containters and clean 5 gallon buckets before but I prefer a $10 walmart 10G with a heater and sponge filter. This is for freshwater but I'm sure there is a similar setup for saltwater hospital tanks.

What kind of a main tank do you have. How long has it been setup?
What are the water readings (test)?
What do you think your lionfish have?

What kind of a main tank do you have. How long has it been setup?
What are the water readings (test)?
What do you think your lionfish have?

I have a 100 gallon FOWLR alot of inverts though, 20 gallon sump use a wet dry filter and a 250 hot magnum I have 60 lbs of live rock maxijet 900 power head Ammonia Nitrites and phosphates all 0 nitrates 5 PH about 8.4 salinity 1.024 temp 76/77. I figured that he had some kind of bacterial infection thats why I wasn't worried about cycling a hospital tank because what ever I treat him with will nuke the biological filtration. Any Ideas on what I should treat him with

Back
Top Bottom